- Brooklyn College, Brooklyn, NY, 1977
Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education, Cum Laude
- Bais Rivka Seminary, Brooklyn, NY, 1974
Early Childhood degree
- Professional Development Workshops, 2012-2013
Workshops in diverse learning .class management, how to institute the core curriculum, and creative writing and training to inspire, educate and empower teachers, parents, and caregivers to increase the amount and quality of physical and emotional education they offer their students and children by providing an innovative and engaging variety of act play and mindfulness activities easily integrated into any daily school or home routine.
- Advanced Brain Technologies: The Listening Program Provider, 2012
- Movement and Mindfulness Curriculum Trainer: 2015
Integrating story, exercise, & self-regulation, building fitness, focus, & social – emotional intelligence.
- Brain Gym®, licensed instructor and consultant, 2004 Torah approved program. Brain Gym® (a registered trademark of Educational Kinesiology Foundation) is a movement based-learning system which improves learning abilities, concentration, memory, writing, listening, organizational skills, and physical coordination.
- Vision Circle and Double Doodle Art, licensed instructor and consultant, 2004
RJJ Merkaz Hatorah, Staten Island, NY, 2005-Present
Teacher, First Grade
- Teach 28 students a curriculum that includes language arts, math, science, social studies, grammar, handwriting, and creative writing.
- Instituted a special program called The Playful Child using Brain Gym ® and other fun activities for the entire class in order to assist children in the transition from preschool to First Grade. Provide individual time for children to work on any specific issue with Brain Gym ®.
- Designed and implement lessons for math and other subjects that utilize the Smart and/or Promethian boards.
- Incorporated the core curriculum in both math and language arts.
- Designed and utilize two reading booklets: A fluency book; a high frequency and vocabulary booklet that enhances our reading program
Prospect Park Yeshiva, Brooklyn, NY, 2004-Present
- Brain Gym ® Learning Enhancement Program
- Introduced and developed a successful Brain Gym ® program in the pre-school and 1ST to 3rd grades
- Current program is 20-minute sessions for 9 classes, Nursery to Pre-1A, in which we do movements, work on reflexes, and do different Double Doodle Dancing every session.
- Conduct workshops in Brain Gym ® and Movement & Mindfulness Curriculum for the teachers.
Prospect Park Yeshiva, Substitute Teacher Brooklyn, NY, 1997-2004
Yeshiva of Brooklyn, Teacher